CONSCIOUSNESS YOUTH SUMMIT
TOGETHERNESS, ADVENTURE & MEANING MAKING
Located in the rippling green of the Ecuadorian Andes, the 2023 Youth Consciousness Camp will be hosted at Takina Nuna - a property nestled within the mountains and 12 minutes away from a vibrant artsy town in the Andes.
Our goal is to create an exterior structure that encourages the growth of each individual, within the collective, and in relationship to the earth. We focus on working in an environment that facilitates the finding of depth and the discovery of more meaningful relationships.
Nestled in the Ecuadorian Andes we are surrounded by nature: silence allows for creativity, sunsets bring forth appreciation and calm, fireflies show us how to find light within the darkness, and the stars high above depict the vast universe in which we reside.
- Swimming in the pond located on the property
- Interacting with the four lovely resident horses
- Hiking to the highest point on the land
- Picking fruit and berries from the many trees and bushes growing throughout the property
- Evening campfires, card games, and dance parties
- Trips to the nearby town, enabling the exploration of the local culture
- Art projects: collages, painting, etc.
- Singing and music making
- Morning outdoor yoga
- Guided conversations with suggested topics and thought-provoking questions
- One-on-one conversations: A chance to dive into shared thought with each individual
- Dance improv: Learning how to move through space without inhibition, exploring expression through movement
- Sound Bath: Discovering what we unlock within ourselves when we are surrounded by music
- Daily journaling prompts: Solo time to reflect on life, the experience, and the given prompt, as well as the opportunity to share our thoughts in conversation afterwards
- Guided Meditation: discovering Stillness together
- Potluck: A chance to spend casual time with the instructors and other mentors
- Group hikes, one being to the peak of the local sacred mountain "Mandango"
Food is purchased prior to the start of the Camp. Participants will cook their own breakfasts, while lunch will be made by our cook, and dinner prepared by the group in collaboration. A delicious meal plan will be created prior to the start of the camp.
We will be eating fresh, local food as much as possible, supplementing what we pick straight from the land.
Wifi is available for roughly two hours a day. We plan to turn it off for the rest of the time in order to allow ourselves to immerse in the experience without distraction.
Transport will be via taxi. There is a well-established and affordable taxi system that we will use to get to and from our retreat location, Takina Nuna.
Questions? Wanna chat to find out more?
Drop us a line to get in touch!
"This was the most beautiful kind of opportunity, one which I feel incredibly lucky to have been able to experience!"
"I was freed to consider who I am, who I should be, and what is right; I have never before or since then had the mental space nor the clarity to dive as deeply as I could at the youth consciousness camp."
"This youth camp is like no other! I got to meet myself and some other enthusiastic souls that were seeking that spark that we all have to change the world."
"I accessed the ability to make space for open mindedness and connection in an entirely unique way. I found myself part of a community with a common goal towards healing the individual and the whole."
While we wish to offer this experience to every young adult who is interested, we feel strongly that the readiness of each participant as well as the cohesive flow of the group are critical. For these reasons we have developed an in-depth application process. This allows us to discern which individuals are the best fit for the Youth Consciousness Summit.
Please know that we appreciate each and every applicant and we do not wish for you to feel discouraged if we find that this isn't the best fit this year (sometimes it's a matter of timing). If you feel alignment with our vision and wish to take part in our upcoming March 2023 event, we ask that you fill out our APPLICATION QUESTIONNAIRE >>
This helps us get a sense of who you are and what you are interested in. Once we have read through your answers, we will get in touch with you, and - if we discern you to be a potential fit - invite you for a one-on-one zoom chat. You do not need to prepare anything for this conversation. This is simply a chance for us to get to know you a bit more and for you to ask us any questions you may have.
After you have filled out the questionnaire and had a chat with one of us, we will let you know whether or not we feel like you would be a good fit for this upcoming Youth Summit.
We truly look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at: info[at]youthconsciousness[dot]org
Requirements to attend the summit:
- An email invitation from the summit organizing team, received after you have filled out the questionnaire and had a chat with one of us.
- An open mind, eagerness to learn, and readiness for growth.
- Transportation to and from the retreat location in Ecuador.
- Readiness to meet amazing people and make beautiful memories alongside them!
- Current passport
- To find like-minded individuals who yearn for a saner way of life, who long for a healthier relationship towards themselves, others, and our planet.
- To share life experiences with one another in a guided environment.
- To create a space that encourages the building of stronger relationships that allow for more meaningful conversations, and bring forth an honest expression of self.
- To develop a strong community of youth that will support one another within this beautiful (and far from perfect) world.
- To explore the potential that arises when creative individuals are united and collaborate within an experience that encourages growth.